PREP: 15 min
COOK: 1 hr 15 min
Twice Smashed Sweet PotatoesSHARE THIS:
When we were playing with this recipe, we thought to ourselves how can we bring out the earthy sugars in sweet potatoes? Our solution: Oakhurst Sour Cream.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Oakhurst Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Let cool until you can handle.
- Split potatoes and remove the inside to a medium size bowl, keep skins.
- In another bowl, add brown sugar, butter, sour cream and spices. Mash together.
- Combine sweet potato insides and butter and sour cream mixture.
- Add filling into skins and place on baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle with fresh rosemary and pomegranate seeds before serving.