It’s the Maine Way
At Oakhurst, it’s about more than milk. It’s about creating a happy, healthy tomorrow for our children and future generations. And that depends on what we do today. That’s why it’s the responsibility of us all to keep our footprints on this planet as small as possible. Being kind to the planet? It’s the Maine way.
Thermal hot water panels
Of heating oil saved
We’re the 1st New England dairy to:
- Retrofit our delivery trucks & trailers to use a non-CFC refrigerant
- Install solar panels at our headquarters to save energy & reduce heating costs
- Use side-panel skirts on our trucks to improve fuel efficiency
- Add hybrid delivery trucks to improve air quality standards
- Convert our entire delivery fleet to biodiesel, a cleaner fuel
Honoring our responsibility
By thinking smart, investing in better technology, and seeking new ways to add efficiency and reduce our environmental impact, Oakhurst is taking steps every day to minimize our impact on the environment, to honor our responsibility to the next generation, and to leave the world a better place than we found it.