It’s that time of year again…time for 5 am practices and weekend-long family outings at the ice rink. If you’re a hockey mom, you know it – and you probably love it, at least a little bit, right?
Here at Oakhurst, we love hockey, too. For that reason, we are once again partnering with the UMaine Black Bears and the UNH Wildcats Men’s Hockey teams to offer a unique experience for young hockey players across the two states. It’s an exciting program called the Oakie’s Corner Experience.
Here’s How The Oakie’s Corner Experience Works
Oakhurst will select one youth team per game to be its guest at seven (7) UNH and seven (7) UMaine Hockey home games (see below schedule for games). Each youth team will receive 20 free tickets, special Oakie’s Corner seating in each of the arenas, a visit from Oakie, an opportunity to engage with the University hockey teams, special recognition and gifts the night of the game. Sounds fun, right? Well here’s how you get signed up:
It’s Easy to Become the Oakie’s Corner Experience Team
- Submit an application at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us the name of your team, your town, age and provide a person to contact (email and phone)
- List the top 2 games your team would like to attend
- Winning teams will be selected on a first-come first serve basis and notified at the beginning of the University hockey season
- Eligible teams must not have players in 8th grade or above, therefore we are looking for teams in Mite, Squirt and Peewee age groups ONLY
Transportation to and from the game is not provided. Any souvenirs or food items purchased at the arenas will be the responsibility of the teams.
Oakie’s Corner Experience Home Game Schedules
- Saturday, November 21, 2015 vs. University of Vermont
- Friday, December 4, 2015 vs. UNH
- Saturday, January 9, 2016 vs. Colgate University
- Friday, January 15, 2016 vs. University of Connecticut
- Friday, January 22, 2016 vs. Boston University
- Saturday, February 6, 2016 vs. Providence College
- Saturday, February 20, 2016 vs. Merrimack College
- Friday, December 11, 2015 vs. Dartmouth College
- Wednesday, December 30, 2015 vs. University of Maine – this will take place at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester
- Friday, January 8, 2015 vs. University of Massachusetts, Lowell
- Saturday, January 16, 2016 vs. Northeastern University
- Saturday, February 13, 2016 vs. University of Vermont
- Friday, February 19, 2016 vs. Boston University
- Saturday, February 27, 2016 vs. University of Connecticut
Oh, and don’t forget to refuel after practice with Oakhurst Lowfat Chocolate Milk!
Aspire. Most kids who hit the ice every week or participate in any other sport want to achieve a certain goal
Perspire. And they work hard trying to achieve their goals
Restore. We want coaches, parents and all the athletes out there to take care of their bodies during their sports seasons. One simple way is to drink 16 ounces of low-fat chocolate milk within one hour of training and games in order to refuel.
Research suggests low-fat chocolate milk is superior to drinks like Gatorade for muscle recovery after tough training sessions, workouts and games because it has the right mix of proteins and carbohydrates, which have been shown to refuel and rebuild exhausted muscles, better after heavy exercise. And chocolate milk is great for rehydrating – it’s a delicious, nutrient-laden liquid that will help replace lost fluids after exercise due to sweating.