PREP: 5 min
COOK: 5-7 min
Strawberries ‘n Cream OatmealSHARE THIS:
Sweeten up your healthy, morning oatmeal with some strawberries and cream. A spoonful of cottage cheese adds a nice creaminess while fresh strawberries, (or thawed, frozen ones) provide a nice compliment to this hearty breakfast.
- 1/4 cup – Scottish oatmeal (or sub rolled oats)
- 1 cup – Oakhurst reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup – fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon – shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon – Oakhurst cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon – dry roasted almonds, chopped
Combine oats and 1 cup milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir consistently as oatmeal begins to bubble.
Once oatmeal has reached desired consistency, about 5 minutes in, add strawberries, cottage cheese and vanilla. Stir to incorporate.
Cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and pour into bowl. Top with almonds and coconut.
Recipe courtesy of Milklife.com site.