Ginger-Pumpkin OatmealSHARE THIS:
Pumpkin-y goodness and ginger spice make this morning oatmeal a delicious eye-opener.
- 1 1/2 cups – Oakhurst Fat Free or Oakhurst Lowfat Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon – pumpkin spice
- 1 cup – rolled oats
- 1/2 cup – canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons – brown sugar
- 1/4 cup – Oakhurst Fat Free or Oakhurst Lowfat Milk
- 1 tablespoon – chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon – crystalline ginger bits
In a medium saucepan, heat milk and pumpkin spice to a gentle boil. Add oats, return to simmer, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, vanilla, and brown sugar. Cook 1 minute to heat through, but not boil. Portion into two bowls, pour milk over top, and sprinkle with walnuts and crystalline ginger.
Recipe courtesy of the Milklife.com site.