PREP: 10 min
COOK: 5 min
Homestyle Hot Chocolate with Wintry Whipped CreamSHARE THIS:
Let’s just get this out of the way—hot chocolate is kinda perfect. So when you’re starting with a recipe that makes the best version AND you add whipped cream? That’s just next level.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 -2 tablespoons of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup Oakhurst Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Wintry Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Oakhurst Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoon granulated or powdered sugar
- Whisk together cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and about 2 tablespoons of milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until cocoa and sugar are dissolved.
- Whisk in the rest of the milk and heat it over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until it is hot.
- Stir in the vanilla, top with whipped cream or marshmallows and enjoy!
Wintry Whipped Cream Instructions:
- Pre-chill mixing bowl and beaters in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- With mixer, beat Oakhurst Heavy Cream, sugar and vanilla on low until cream starts to thicken.
- Increase speed and beat until soft peaks just begin to form. Easy.