Apple Walnut Overnight OatsSHARE THIS:
Like apple pie, but for breakfast. And a recipe for smiles, all day long.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats, divided
- 1/2 cup applesauce, divided
- 1/2 cup Oakhurst Milk, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- pinch of cinnamon
In a small bowl, glass or mason jar, combine 1/2 cup of oats with 1/4 cup of Oakhurst Milk and 1/4 cup applesauce. Sprinkle with half of the apple pie spice.
Repeat the layers adding the remaining oats, milk and apple pie spice. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or overnight.
Just before serving, combine the chopped apples with the brown sugar, chopped walnuts and cinnamon. Toss to coat. Spoon over the overnight oats.
Author: Angela Paris, Blogger, www.jugglingactmama.com