PREP: 30 min
COOK: 15 min
Snickerdoodle DonutsSHARE THIS:
You won’t be snickering or doodling once you taste these delectable, delicious donuts!
- 1 1/2 cups – white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup – brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon – baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 1 – egg
- 1 (6 ounce) container – fat free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup – vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup – Oakhurst lowfat or fat free milk
- 1/4 cup – sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon – ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons – melted Oakhurst butter
Pair each serving with an 8-ounce glass of milk. Enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Milklife.com site.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a nonstick standard-sized donut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl combine the egg, yogurt, oil, and milk.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Cut a corner off the bag and pipe the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool the donuts in the pan slightly.
- Meanwhile, stir together the sugar and cinnamon. Remove the donuts from the pan and brush them on all sides with melted butter.
- Dredge the donuts in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated. Serve warm or at room temperature. Pair with remaining 8-ounce glass of milk.