Kid-Friendly Creamy Mac and CheeseSHARE THIS:
Mac and Cheese + Milk is truly the perfect combo! Try our kid-friendly recipe below.
3 C Oakhurst 2% milk
1 8oz box elbow macaroni
4 T butter
6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
⅓ C all purpose flour
¾ t salt
¼ t pepper
- Cook macaroni noodles al dente and drain, set aside. Preheat oven to 375
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and stir in flour until combined. Gradually add the milk as you stir.
- Bring to a boil and continue stirring for 2 minutes, then reduce heat to low until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese, butter and salt and pepper until cheese melts. Add cooked noodles to cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a casserole dish, baking covered for 15 minutes. Enjoy!