PREP: 10 min
COOK: 60 min
Five Cheese Mac & CheeseSHARE THIS:
This is the ultimate Mac & Cheese recipe. Perfect for all ages!
- 1 package (16 oz) uncooked pasta such as penne, rigatoni or elbow
- 1/2 cup Oakhurst butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cups Oakhurst Milk
- 1 cup Oakhurst Sour Cream
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, 2 cups shredded
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese, 1 cup shredded
- 4 oz Gruyère cheese, 1 cup shredded
- 4 oz Parmesano Reggiano cheese, 1 cup shredded
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, 1 cup shredded
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- While pasta is cooking, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, and paprika. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and cheese.
- Gently stir cooked pasta into cheese sauce. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes until bubbly and deep golden brown. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
- Cheese Swaps: Try Gouda or Havarti for the Monterey Jack cheese. Try Jarlsberg or fontina for the Gruyère. Toss in your family faves and create new cheese combos.
- Make your mac and cheese special by stirring a cup of cooked lobster into the cheese sauce.
- Top with buttered breadcrumbs before baking for a crunchy, buttery topping.