Apple-Raisin Breakfast QuinoaSHARE THIS:
A little sweet and soft, a little tart and crunchy, a whole lot of delicious. And ten grams of protein.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed according to package directions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Oakhurst Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tart-sweet apple (such as Braeburn), chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
Toast quinoa and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Cook until quinoa is golden and cinnamon is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
Add milk, water and brown sugar, bring to a simmer and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Fold in chopped apple, raisins and walnuts and let stand a few minutes, covered, to heat through. Serve with 8-ounce glass of milk.
Recipe & photo courtesy of: www.milklife.com