Location: Portland, ME
Employment Type: Full-time
Join Oakhurst Dairy’s exciting and growing team!
It’s time to join New England’s foremost dairy company with a 96-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the “Natural Goodness of Maine” since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England’s key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits
* Pride in the product you will represent
It’s about more than milk — it’s our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for — by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what’s right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh, wholesome milk and dairy products, which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014, Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
Oakhurst Dairy has established a new position that will support the Loading and Delivery Staff by providing quality control oversight in regards to load safety, sequencing, accuracy and coordination in our fast paced Portland, Maine warehouses.
This role is structured for a 4-day work week with weekends off. The shifts begin early afternoon and run until loading is complete (typically by midnight). This is a great position for a candidate that may be interested in future growth opportunities.
These positions have become necessary to keep pace with the ever increasing demands of our customers while maintaining the highest quality product standards. Oakhurst Dairy is committed to a green environment and improved fulfillment accuracy; resulting in minimization of rework, road miles and waste.
- Prior delivery and/or warehousing experience is preferred.
- Develop proficiency with warehousing software including handheld computer devices.
- Self-motivated, dependable individual with a focus on accuracy and accountability.
- Operate in accordance with state, federal and OSHA regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and dependable with a focus on accuracy and accountability.
- Awareness and experience relating to hazards and challenges of a fast-paced shipping environment.
- Able to identify and resolve load results that do not meet minimum standards.
- Able to perform tasks and duties without direct supervision.
- Able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Able to push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Excellent math skills and general knowledge of computers.
- Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good teamwork.
- Awareness / experience relating to hazards and challenges of a fast-paced shipping environment.
- Able to interact with loading personnel and awareness of environment i.e. moving equipment and trucking doors.
- Able to tolerate cold/damp environment 35-40 degrees F for extended periods of time
High school diploma or GED required.
Some of the benefits that our full-time employees enjoy include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with employer contributions
- Paid Life Insurance
- 8 paid holidays plus personal time
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness membership reimbursement
Please submit your resume online. If you have questions about the position or would like to speak to someone at Oakhurst prior to submitting your application, you may email email@example.com or call 207-772-7468.